Sales Executive - Iconic Hotels
ABOUT THE business
Join a motivated team at Canberra’s leading private enterprise’s newest hotel. A core division of Geocon, Iconic Hotels specialises in hotel operations, management, training and strategy, as well as food and beverage outlet management and operations. Contributing 500+ hotel rooms to the accommodation market to date, over the next five years, Iconic Hotels will deliver an additional 500+ rooms to the mid-scale, up-scale and luxury market. With a growing portfolio of trusted hotel brands and food and beverage offerings, Iconic Hotels is changing the hospitality landscape in the ACT.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to the continued success and growth of the company, we're seeking a motivated, creative and dynamic person to join our sales team to take up an exciting, challenging but rewarding role as Sales Executive. The role offers the opportunity to cover a wide spectrum of business sectors across sales with a particular focus on group, travel agent and event sectors.
Experience in these areas will be favourable as well as keen attitude towards converting business and learning new skills. The role will incorporate a large element of business development with the successful candidate conducting ongoing market research whilst seeking to build a valuable network of industry contacts.
• Attract new and nurture existing business in group, travel agent and event sectors
• Work in collaboration with the Sales Manager to prepare strategies, business plans, budgets and report on investment on a regular basis
• Monitoring of monthly budgets and implementation of sales initiatives to ensure occupancy and revenue targets are achieved
• Foster key industry relationships by attending industry events, trade shows and undertaking periodic sales trips around Australia
• Negotiate commercial agreements with key trade partners
• Work closely with the Iconic Hotels marketing team to develop, implement and report on domestic and international direct sales and marketing campaigns
• Other duties as required
• A good understanding of the tourism sector in Canberra and the surrounding region
• A strong track record of business development
• A highly motivated attitude and ability to make decisions quickly, accurately and decisively, whilst handling pressure in a fast-paced environment
• A passion and knowledge of the hotel industry
• An aptitude towards identifying new markets and building strategies to target them
• Confidence to put forward your ideas and contribute to a dynamic team that makes decisions and acts on them quickly
• A valuable network of contacts in the tourism industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated past experience in a similar role
• We offer an attractive package that is commensurate with experience and qualifications
• A rewarding bonus structure
• The opportunity to fast track your career in a quickly evolving company
• Phone allowance
Thank you for your application.
A member of the Geocon team will be in touch shortly.