Canberra’s High Society debuts in Belconnen
04 April 2018
James Bond would feel right at home in Canberra’s tallest building which debuts today as “High Society”.
Two 27-storey glass towers at 113 and 100 metres tall are the jewels in the crown of Geocon’s Republic mixed-use development located on a one-hectare block at the corner of Eastern Valley Way and Cameron Avenue in Belconnen.
“High Society is a truly first-class property with unparalleled amenity that rivals anything, anywhere in the world,” Geocon Managing Director Nick Georgalis said.
“From the concierge service, to the climate-controlled cellar where residents can store their personal wine collections, to the private cinema, chef’s kitchen and executive dining room for exclusive use by owners, High Society delivers a luxury lifestyle in the heart of Canberra’s most vibrant town centre. And, it goes without saying that the unfettered views from the national capital’s tallest building will be breathtaking.”
High Society’s amenity will include:
- – Spectacular rooftop sky park: barbecues, sun-lounges, open and covered spaces, seating, soft and hard landscaping
- – Shared work zone: a quiet sanctuary perfect for those who work from home or to just sit and relax, workspaces with power/USB chargers, lounge chairs, book exchange
- – Wellness centre: A tranquil space to relax and revitalise with spa, sauna, snow fountain, steam room, yoga and meditation area and gym
- – Indoor kids wonderland: a place where kids can hang out and play, complete with Kids TV, ball pit, toy area, pint-sized climbing wall and children’s library
- – Resort style pool area: swim all year round in a heated outdoor pool surrounded by cabanas, day beds, lounges and a kids’ pool
- – Bicycle hub: a designated area for cleaning and maintenance, stocked with a tool station and cleaning equipment as well as showers, change rooms and toilets
- – Car wash: a designated area complete with high-pressure washer, air dryer and tools
“But we’re not keeping it all just for residents. High Society’s observation deck located at the highest point in the building will be open to the public, allowing views over the local district and beyond you can’t get anywhere else. With commercial space and hospitality uses planned, it will be the perfect place to bring interstate or overseas visitors, or simply share sundowner drinks after a hard day’s work,” Mr Georgalis said.
“The High Society building will deliver 541 apartments, 135-room Abode hotel, 500 public carparks in addition to resident parking, and retail and commercial offerings in the tallest towers in Canberra, set amongst the vibrant Republic precinct.
“The $1 billion Republic precinct is one of the largest projects currently being delivered in Australia, and the two glass towers will be the ACT’s biggest project.
“High Society certainly puts Canberra on the map.”
Construction on High Society will commence by the final quarter of 2018 with an expected completion date of September 2020.
For more information: geocon.com.au/projects/highsociety
Media inquiries: Jane Seaborn 0414 829 282