10 reasons why Tuggeranong offers the perfect work-life balance
27 April 2018
- Hate long commutes to work? With its great connections to all the major roads, you’ll arrive fresh in the Canberra CBD after an easy 20-minute drive.
- Heading off on holiday is even easier. Canberra Airport, with its newly introduced international connections, is also just under 20 minutes’ drive from Tuggeranong.
- Lovers of the great outdoors are only a short hike from pristine parklands. Namadgi Visitor Centre, on the southern edge of Namadgi National Park, with its scenic grassy plains, snow gum forests and alpine meadows, is 14km from Tuggeranong.
- Winter sports enthusiasts have the upper hand on other Canberra residents when it comes to getting to the ski fields. Jindabyne, and the ski fields beyond, is under two hours drive from Tuggeranong – as opposed to 2 hour 20mins if you’re setting off from the north of Canberra.
- For sun worshippers, Tharwa Sandwash is a rugged and beautiful spot on the Murrumbidgee River Corridor – great for swimming and paddling and just 16 minutes’ drive from the centre of town.
- Or go for a paddle at Pine Island Reserve just five minutes’ drive away.
- For something completely different, Lanyon Homestead is 22 minutes from Tuggeranong Town Centre, and an excellent place to chill out, have lunch or go for a relaxing walk.
- Closer to home, Tuggeranong’s Anketell Street, alongside the Hyperdome, is undergoing a revamp, with the aim of transforming it into a trendy dining precinct to rival inner-city Braddon.
- Lakeside Leisure Centre, also on Anketell Street, provides indoor pools and gym facilities for all the family.
- The best vantage point from which to enjoy this bounty? Southport in Tuggeranong offers resort-style living, with the largest non-commercial sauna in the southern hemisphere, a glorious waterside location and glorious lake and mountain views in all directions. You may not need to leave home ever again.